- I have auhthored more than 90 publications, most of them as first author, and many in Q1-ranked journals.
- I received five prestigious awards presented by important organizations such as KVAB, VFO & VOR.
- I received a Fulbright Fellowship & BAEF Fellowship to conduct research at the UCLA.
- I obtained an innovation VENI-grant from the NWO.
- I am frequently invited to give key-note presentations and lectures.
- 2008-2011 PhD in Sociology of Education, Ghent University
- 2005-2007 MA in Sociology of Education & Culture, KU Leuven
- 2003-2005 BA in Sociology, KU Leuven
- 2015 Junior Professor (tenure track) at KU Leuven
- 2014 Assistant Professor at University of Amsterdam
- 2012 Fulbright & BAEF Fellow at UCLA
- 2008 PhD researcher at Ghent University
- 2014 Prize Frans Van Cauwelaert, by the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science
- 2012 Charles Ullens Prize, Best PhD Thesis, by King Baudouin Foundation
- 2012 Research on Early School Leaving, by Foundation P&V
- 2012 PhD Dissertation Prize, by VOR and VFO
- 2008 Best Master Thesis, by Alumni Association Social Science KULeuven
- Educational Sciences (KU Leuven)
- Teaching, Education and Society (KU Leuven)
- Intercultural Education (KU Leuven)
- Project Work: Education and Society (KU Leuven)
- Educational Policy (University of Amsterdam)